Saturday, October 27, 2007

Waimea = No Sunburn

Okey day!!! I woke up this morning and went to Waimea Falls again with seven other people...that was tons of fun....

Then we walked down to Waimea Beach (across the Kamehameha) and spent several hours there... I'd never been there before, because every time anyone else went, I always had homework.

And the only place I used sunscreen today was on my face....and yet, I still did not get a sunburn. I mean, I have a little tiny burn across my shoulders, but overall, it's extremely pathetic for having spent the entire day in the sunshine and in my swimsuit. Grrrrrrrr! Now normally, I'd be really happy about this whole not-sun-burning thing... except that I have discovered that I literally do not tan if I do not burn first...which is probably extremely unhealthy....but I am too freaking white to be living in Hawaii....lol!

Also, I spent the entire day barefoot pretty much. I had my chacos on until we got out of the water at Waimea Falls, but once I took them off, I did not put them back on. I walked everywhere barefoot--1.5 miles down to the beach, 1 mile from the beach into town to buy Acai, and then to the bus stop, on the bus, off the bus, to Ace Hardware and then back to campus--and I still don't have shoes back on. That's one thing I love about living here, is that it's okay to go everywhere barefoot.....and I love that, because I have been a barefoot-girl my entire life. The only reason I wear shoes is to keep my feet from freezing....fortunately, nothing freezes in Hawaii, so I don't have to wear them, and that makes me happy.

I've gotta finish getting ready and meet people for dinner, but I just wanted to report quick on my day....

By the way, I took my 4th Anatomy Exam yesterday (the third and fourth exams are the hardest) and I got a freaking 93%!!!!!! I was sooooooo excited. That made me way way happy.

***I will be posting new pictures within the next few days, as all my friends get their cameras uploaded....We took lots of pictures last night from the Halloween Activity, and then several pictures today as well.***

No comments:

Post a Comment