Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dang Sixth Sense

Dang that gut-feeling.... I knew someone was going to die.... I knew it! It just wasn't someone in my family.... it was President Hinckley.

When I heard President Hinckley passed away, my world just shattered....it went crashing down. He's the only Prophet I've ever known, and I can't imagine the church on the earth without him. I know President Monson (presumably) can do it just as well, but it was still heartbreaking, and I just can't see it at this point. That's where faith comes in, I guess.

I heard right before I went to dinner, and let me tell you, I didn't eat much. I just kind of sat there. It was so weird--no death has ever affected me that way before...not even when Nana hit the road unexpectedly. I was looking around the cafeteria at dinner, wondering how everyone could be so cheery when the Prophet of the Lord just left this world. For my own personal selfish reasons and the love that I have for President Hinckley, I could say I hate the world. I'm really upset/sad about all of it. But I know that, with the Lord in charge, there are no untimely deaths when it comes to His Prophets. And therefore, I try to look at this whole situation and say "hey, he's back with his wife, who he missed so much, and i'm sure he could not possibly be happier than he is at this moment."

Oh, and it didn't help that we had Stake Leadership Training tonight and the opening song was "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet" and then when Brother Adams gave the invocation, I was definately crying because he was praying for the Prophet and his family and the Council of the 12 and the students and the members of the church and I just lost it--I couldn't help it. I bawl when people die. Thank goodness Elder Hemenway was the teacher in my workshop, and he spent tons of time going over the government of the church and things like that, as well as teaching his lesson. He does everything in such an awesome and spiritual, yet happy and joking manner.

I still hate that gut-feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment