Alright, so my english class is cancelled today, so I have an hour to kill before choir....so I thought I'd come update my blog. It has been a day or two.
So Wednesday night, I got kissed by a Samoan boy... that was really fun. Haha! Actually, it was just a Hawaiian greeting, but still....it was a cute samoan boy. Also Wednesday night, I was outside my Hale talking to Staisha and Jake until about 12:45, at which point the security guards discovered us and promptly sent us inside.
Thursday, as predicted, I failed to get up at 5:45 for 6am gym-routine....I'm fairly convinced that's not going to work, so I'm going to try going later in the day. I had regular classes and whatnot....in Anatomy, we're learning muscles now (we finished the skeletal structure) and I'm really excited to learn them all. Everyone is blown away when I tell them that I'm taking that class for my own personal interest (even though it's a requirement for Dental Hygiene or Echocardiography should I decide to do one of them, it is something I want to learn anyway). Everyone else there are EXS majors. Anyway, Thursday's devotional was really good...President Wheelwright's wife spoke about True Devotion to the Lord's work.
Last night kind of stunk though, because not only had I heard that a lady who used to live in our ward passed away (she was really young, she had an annurism in her brain...really sad story), but Mom also told me that Helen, my uncle's ex-business-partner's mother, passed away this week as well. I wasn't particularly close to her, but I always liked her, and I've known her my whole life (or at least as long as I can remember). Anyway, I talked to Ryan for 2 1/2 hours and that made me feel better. I also failed to go to the Pre-dental Club opening social because I still had homework, and I didn't go to the gym last night either. I am trying to do better today.
So I've been living alone for 4 days now. Dani, my roommate, moved out on Monday (she left school) and it's been tough, getting used to it. I mean, I don't object to having the room all to myself, but it's really kinda sad, living in the dorms and not having a roommate. It stinks because we didn't even really talk to each other that much (we were usually only in the room together at night), but just having her there and knowing there was someone else was something I didn't realize I was taking for granted. Now she's gone, and it's really strange falling asleep in a room with an empty bed on the other side. No fun! However, my room has become the hang-out spot for the girls in our group of friends, because they all still have their roommates... it's fun to have them over, so that helps me not get lonely so much. In my unit, there are six rooms, and of those 6 rooms, 4 of us are living without roommates. Isn't that bizarre? I am on the end next to the bathroom, and the only two rooms in our unit that have two girls in them are on the opposite end... so from my room going down the hall, four rooms in a row are single-occupant. We have fun, and all the girls are really great and happy and loud and have great personalities. We've never had unit-mate problems or anything....we can all play our music and be loud and do what we want, and nobody in our unit cares.
Yesterday, I got a tape from Jeff, my friend who's serving a mission in Denver South right now. I haven't heard from him since before I left for Hawai'i, so that was really exciting for me. Today, nothing really exciting has happened, except that when I sat down next to Thomas in ICS today, he told me I looked drunk. HAHA! Man, I love that kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment