Thursday, September 27, 2007

August 31... "Go me!"

This is something I posted on my facebook almost a month ago... most of it has probably already been posted in previous blog entries, but I decided to copy and paste it here anyway.

Okay, so I just felt like typing out something for you guys.... See, I have this new goal that I made when i moved to Hawai'i... That I am going to try every new food that I can.... everything that's presented to me, everything in the cafeteria, EVERYTHING... even the stuff that everyone else says is gross, I'm going to try for myself. I even committed to trying seafood again because I have disliked it for so long, I thought maybe my tastes had changed...So I've been doing really good... I've only missed trying two new things (both of which I was bummed about, because they looked good). I even tried oysters last week.... that was one of the most horrible experiences of my life, but at least i lived up to my goal... needless to say, all the seafood I have tried has only done two things: made me gag, and recommitted me to my dislike for it. Most of the other food has been really good though... The cafeteria food here is mostly excellent in terms of cafeteria food, I love our chef.

Anyway, another new bit of information: I have never been able to eat with chopsticks... it shouldn't be that hard, but for some reason, I could never do it.... and yesterday, I totally learned how to eat with chopsticks!!! I was so proud of myself. It was this really good home-made stir-fry, too.... really good, AND i ate the entire bowl with chopsticks. GO ME! And then later on, I ended up eating an entire Cup-of-Noodles with chopsticks too! woohoo.

I also decided to announce that I'm going to look totally different when I come home for Christmas--I'm going to be tan, have sun-bleached hair, be in really good physical shape, AND *drum roll please* I'm going to have a really weird accent... because, for those of you that don't know this, I pick up accents when I am around people who have accents....and there are people here from all over the world, wreaking havoc with the way I speak... so far, I've got most of it from my New Zealand friends... so anyway, I've started calling it a Hawaiian Accent (because it's a mix of many accents) and yes, that's how I will be speaking when I come home. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it? Tan, lighter hair, in good shape, and has an accent....and it's all natural! ;)So yeah, just kinda wanted to take the chance to journal about a few of my new experiences...

Y'all should still send me pictures and letters and postcards and stuff... That'd be awful nice of you. Remember, my address is:
Lanea Booher
BYU-H #1246
55-220 Kulanui St.
Laie, HI 96762

Oh, by the way, I got bit by a nasty Hawaiian Centepede and i'm in a brace and limping all over everywhere I go. My ankle is super swollen and I'm on 600 mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day for it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, ouch. Those centipedes are something else.

    I woke in the middle of the night once with throbbing pain in my shoulder - a centipede had gotten into my bed and bitten me while I slept.

    I enjoy your blog. It helps to ease my homesickness for Laie.

    And good for you on the food goal. Keep it up - you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there no picture of your ankle on here? I can't believe it. Did it hurt a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanea- look how beautiful you look in that picture with your friend Amy!

    ReplyDelete