Sunday, September 7, 2008

Today's Testimony

For now I kind of wanted to focus on Fast Sunday and my testimony and some of the things I have learned since I started college at the University level....then I got distracted by my life...so I divided it into two posts.

I was writing letters to a couple of friends on missions today and I realized I haven't really ever recorded my testimony of anything for anyone to read....and I rarely bear my testimony in Sacrament Meeting because...well, I don't know why.

Today was particularly cool for me because I've been going through all of this....junk....recently, and since it was Fast Sunday my purpose for fasting was particularly meaningful. I started my fast by prayer, duh, and just told Heavenly Father everything I was concerned about and everything that was going on (as if he hasn't heard my prayers over the last several weeks! haha) and what I needed help with and what I need answers to and everything... and I decided what my biggest problem was and dedicated my fast to that specifically, along with the other stuff "on the side"

My ward starts at 8:00am this year. I'm in the BYU Hawaii 18th Ward - A Temple Attending Ward, for which I'm very grateful. Anyway, I noticed how, the entire day today, it did NOT seem at all like 9:00 in the morning... I felt very awake and very aware of everything that was gonig on and everything that was said. Testimony meeting was really great, as was sunday school and relief society.... but my favorite part was how ALL DAY there was absolutely nothing on my mind besides church and the Lord. None of the stuff that has been clouding my mind for the past months had any place at all. It was just completely gone. I actually enjoyed church for more than just the social aspect, for the first time in quite a while. I never went inactive, because I always had faith that church was where I was supposed to be, but for a long time it has just been going through the motions.

So here's the testimony I have been focusing on today as I've been writing letters...

College life has not been treating me like a princess, but I have loved it nonetheless. It has been an invaluable experience I know I will never forget. I have experienced lots of confusion, loss, emotional turmoil and potentially major health problems...but I know that if I continue to remain true to the Lord and the knowledge I have that I will make it through. At present, I am on a reduced credit load and making up last semester's classes. I am on a few medications and medical experiments and probably will be having a procedure done in the next month for my stomach, but I am enjoying life as much as possible and I trust in the Lord, that He will help me. My testimony and knowledge has grown SO much, it's hard to believe. I am loving my earthly experience and I'm so grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with. BYU definately has a rather Mormon effect on me....

What's particularly amazing to me is that I nevver imagined I would ever be accepted to school here at the H, and yet here I am. I am so incredibly grateful and know I am immensely blessed to be awarded this opportunity, it's hard to een fathom. I have friends from literally ALL OVER the world, and friends from lands I didn't even know existed. I have learned a lot about who I am in a land that truly cares about me, and I have lived in a place of healing. There is so much ab out this blessed place that is incredibly uique, and so much that I NEVER could have fully learned or experienced anywhere else. This place and these people are a testament to the Book of Mormon and the love God has for His children Just as He brought Nephi to the Americas, He brought people to this isla, this tiny tiny part of the world, and I am convinced those people were faithful and righteous. There is NO OTHER WAY this land could be as blessed and peaceful and as close to God as it is.

I know this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and that everything it has ever taught me is true...No matter what I go through, I will have my Savior by my side, and I know He loves me. His Atonement is real. This life is all about the basics - I'm so happy about that! I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing in this life, but I know that He does and I have faith that He will guide me.

I'm going to go to dinner now, hopefully I'll be able to continue it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment