Sunday, November 11, 2007

November's Beginning

Okay, so it's already the 10th of November!!! That's CRAZY. Seriously, it's blown me away. Insanity if you ask me. Time goes by so fast. In one month, I will be taking finals, and then I will be coming HOME! Woohoo! Anyway, I should update y'all on my life, because lots has happened this week. FYI, these paragraphs are going to be kind of weird and totally unrelated to each other.

First of all, Brandon and I aren't seeing each other anymore. It's kind of a weird situation, because nothing has really changed between us, but we have discussed a lot of things and I think we've kind of both come to terms that we are 3,000 miles apart and we both have other opportunities that we're missing for each other...not that long distance relationships and being apart from each other is a bad thing, but we are "just friends" now and we are actually in a dating competition now.... our agreement is to go on at least two dates a month. This is going to be super fun.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but right now I am seriously considering coming home after this semester ends, and not returning for the Winter 2008 Semester. I have been doing a lot of fasting and praying about it, and I haven't made my final decision yet, but I am becoming more and more comfortable with the idea.

Last Wednesday, Thomas and Staisha and Teresa and I got on the bus to take a trip to Walmart because each of us just paid $40 for a bus pass this month and so e wanted to start using them!!! So we got "all the way" up the highway to Turtle Bay Restort and Thomas' friend Matt calls and says he's going to Walmart, does Thomas want to come? Basically, we all ended up getting in Matt's new car and going to Walmart together and we had an absolute blast. I'm still waiting for pictures from Staisha, but it was a lot of fun.

And if that wasn't enough Walmart, I took ANOTHER trip to walmart with Teresa, Leilani, Staisha and Marci on Friday....That was cool too, but not so much because we actually rode the bus this time, and it was the first time we did it, so we didn't know how long it was going to take, and 3 of the girls had to be back for Songfest, so by the time we got there, we could only stay for about 1/2 hour. Songfest was totally cool too! All the clubs performed their "night at the movies" songs and it was way sweet. Samoan club was my favorite, because they did a tribute to somebody important in their country that died earlier this year, and it was so sweet! All the other clubs rocked too, but there were a few that were particularly spectacular. It was kind of sad though because usually Culture night is in the Fall semester and Songfest is in the Winter semester....but they changed it this year so that the seniors who are graduating next month would get to see songfest....and they also combined songfest with dancing and stuff too, so it was really culturally awesome.

So recently we've been spending lots of late nights at Alan's house....I had this written down as something to write about, but I don't know exactly what I was supposed to say about it...

Thursday was Thomas' birthday, and Wednesday night we threw him a "suprise party." It was kind of lame, because it was just a bunch of people and cake, but it was a fun thing to do anyway. Then, Thursday night a big group of us went down to Angel's and got ice cream and shave ice....that was fun too. I still haven't had the same flavor of shave ice more than once....I'm still trying new ones!

This weekend I've been really excited because I have no homework to do! I have a research paper to work on and an anatomy exam to take tomorrow, but other than that, I have nothing! It's been so weird! I have no cares! There's nothing weighing on me. It's kind of a scary feeling--I've gotten so used to being stressed out of my mind.

Dad's birthday is tomorrow. I'm going to make cream puffs and have a party for him with a bunch of my friends, or maybe just by myself, I haven't decided yet.... but I'm kind of excited. Cream puffs sound so awesome, and I'm totally happy that my dad is still alive. That's one thing I've really really come to appreciate recently (mostly since Mark died)... I'm so grateful for my dad. Maybe tomorrow I will post a big long thing about what I love about my dad and why and everything. That would be cool.

Another achievement in my life: I haven't used all the minutes on my phone and I have a week left before the plan changes. I've been really terrible about how many minutes I use while living here, because we're all calling each other all the time....all my phone calls are between 0 and 3 minutes, but they all add up to pretty much ALL the minutes on my family's plan...which is 1100 a month! I've started taking days where I will turn off my phone, or I will not take it with me on some days.....that helps, because I don't answer all the 1 minute phone calls.

Ooooh, another thing that's really exciting for me right now.... in Colorado Denver South, transfers are November 22, and my friend Kenny will be coming home from his mission, so I will get to talk to him on the phone again!!! That's 10 days from tomorrow!!! And then I think someone is coming home next month too, but I'm not sure who... and in February, Daniel comes home from his mission (he wrote me a letter asking if I would like to date him sometime when he was off the mission and I was back on the mainland....I'm so excited, he's an amazing guy and he's soooooooo handsome--he looks like Russell Crowe), and in March Jeff comes home too!.....Oh, i'm getting so excited. I think I'm probably more trunky than they are! Haha!

Okay, that's enough of my mindless catch-y'all-up-on-the-past-few-weeks jibber-jabber.... I'm going to take a nap or eat some cereal or something. YAY!

p.s. our Ward has a Temple Baptisms trip this week (Tuesday) and I'm SO EXCITED because I can actually go this time! The last two months I haven't been able to go, so this will be the first time that I've ever entered the La'ie Hawai'i Temple! I'm definately stoked about that. Woohoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment