It's raining really hard right now, and I LOVE it.
So this is kind of a continuation of the blog I just posted, but it sort of has to do with different things, so I made it two different posts.
The only thing that's really "dramatic" in my life right now, besides my friends, is trying to decide what I'm going to do with my life when I get home.... I want to go back to Whatcom and finish up my Associate's Degree....but other than that, I don't really have any specific plans.... I suppose I'll just work a lot and save money and do other productive things that are expected of me. I do want to travel lots of places, so I'll have to save up to be able to afford that.... One thing I really want to do is to go to Phoenix to live with my sister for a month or so, because her health is not good and she lives alone with a small child because her husband is a truck driver.....and I don't have any plans for my life, so I was thinking I wanted to go there and live with her for a while and help her out by cooking and running errands and cleaning and things.....because I like to take care of people and help people, and I need things to do with my life for a while.... so I told my dad about it, and he basically told me that he doesn't want me to do that and that I should not ever think about it again.....which I really don't understand, but whatever. So that kind of ruined my Sunday...but i fixed it by going to the visitor's center at the temple and watching the Joseph Smith movie....basically amazing. I also considered just family-member-hopping....because I'd love to go live in (or at least visit for a while) California with my grandma and take care of her and keep her company for a while....and then I wanted to go live with my older brother and basically be his maidservice, because I like doing that, and, again, I have nothing else in mind.... Anyway, I guess I'll stop daydreaming, since that's obviously not going to happen now.
Oh, and Brandon leaves for Basic Training tomorrow, and he wouldn't answer his phone....so that means I didn't get to talk to him before he left.
And, let's see, on Tuesday the 13th, I got to go to the La'ie Temple for the first time, and that was really cool. We went to do baptisms for the dead, and that means that I've done those in three different temples now. I'm pretty happy. I don't recall anything remarkable about the rest of that week, except that I still haven't had time to go to the grocery store and buy the stuff and find the time to make cream-puffs for dad's birthday....but I'm going to hopefully tomorrow or sometime in the next couple of days, because I really want to. OH WAIT! Other things did happen that week! My buddy Andrew asked me on a date for Monday afternoon/evening, and we doubled with my friend Mark and this other girl and we went to the Kahuku Shrimp Truck....which was risky, because I have never been a big fan of seafood, but it was part of my food-experience, and I really enjoyed it. I mean, shrimp definately is not my favorite food, but my body did not automatically upchuck it like it did the oyster.
So that date was really fun, and then Friday night I had another date with this guy Al.... because the BYU-Hawaii 3'rd stake had an Ettiquette Dinner where you had to have a date and you went and practiced good ettiquette and stuff, and then there was dance training and dancing afterward.... and almost everybody there was on a blind date, because the activity committees set people up randomly... so I had never met Al until that night, but he is an awesome guy. He's so funny, and he's really tall and really fun to hang around with. We got along really well. And he loves to dance, so we had a blast during the practice for ballroom dancing and the cha-cha.... OH MAN it was tons of fun. I loved it. and then during the dance, we all were totally rocking out and having a blast and using the dance steps we had learned together and holy cow, it was one of the funnest nights I have had in a really really long time.
Al is the sort of guy I need to marry.... I have this quote that I have been using as my guide, and that is that "some women are not meant to be tamed...they are meant to marry men who will run wild with them".....and that's totally me....and somebody like Al would definately run with me. Staisha and I were talking about it after the dance and she's like "you need to marry him, you guys would be so cute! you'd be the "young couple" that everybody loves!" Not that I want to marry Al, but he's kind of my model for what I'm looking for at this point.
AND I have a date to Fall Ball...my friend Alan and I are going to go together.... so that's 3 dates in one month....my minimum for my competition with Brandon was 2, so I won... Fall Ball is on Nov 30, and that's Alan's birthday, so that will be tons of fun.
Ok, I have some homework due tomorrow that's not done, so I'm signing off now, but I intend to blog again tomorrow about my dad, since I didn't do that on his birthday, and I want to do an "i'm grateful" blog, and there was something else I wanted to write about too, but now I can't remember what it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment